The restaurant industry can be highly competitive. When consumers have so many options, it can be difficult to stand out and grab attention. Email marketing for restaurants and bars is an easy and cost-effective way to promote your business and send targeted messages. Learn more about the benefits of this marketing tool and how to create successful email campaigns.
If you haven’t been using email marketing, you are missing out on an opportunity to cultivate stronger relationships with your customers while also promoting deals and sending out invitations to events. Email marketing for restaurants and bars effectively opens lines of communication to make sure that you are bringing in return customers. Ultimately, this will help build your brand and allow for growth.
Take Advantage of Triggered Email Marketing for Restaurants and Bars
As you think about designing your email campaigns, remember that all emails should be triggered by a particular action on the part of the customer. For example, once they have subscribed to your list, you can begin with some welcome emails that further introduce them to your business. From there, you can follow-up with birthday emails or ask for a review. This allows you to perfectly time emails without flooding the customers’ inbox. With triggered emails that are sent throughout every stage of the customer lifecycle, it feels more like an interaction and you are targeting the customer rather than casting too wide of a net.
Segment Your Mailing List
Another key to successful email marketing for restaurants and bars is segmentation. A one-size-fits-all approach won’t yield the results you are looking for. For larger businesses with several locations, location segmentation is essential. You can also segment customers according to age, how often they visit the bar or restaurant and other factors that can help send more targeted messages. By delivering more personalized emails, you can increase open rates and make sure that you aren’t losing subscribers.
Some effective email campaigns include:
- Personalized promotions. This can include a birthday coupon or other personalized deal.
- Retargeting website visitors. Once a visitor lands on your site, you want to keep them engaged and make sure they sign up for your email list. Consider offering an incentive, such as a $5 coupon.
- Following-up with online customers. When someone places an online order, immediately follow-up with an email that includes a brief restaurant survey. You will want to thank them and then offer the opportunity to provide some feedback.
- Nurturing loyal customers. Consider starting a loyalty program and sending out program updates and invites to special events.
- Turning deal seekers into repeat customers. Customers may use Groupon or similar services to get a deal, but this can often be a one-time visit. Capturing their email and following up with additional deals and promotions can help earn customer loyalty.
When paired with other forms of restaurant technology, email marketing for restaurants is one of the most cost-effective ways to collect leads and nurture customer relationships. You don’t have to worry about printing flyers, paying for TV ads or investing in other costly marketing tools. A well-crafted and targeted email costs virtually nothing and can be an invaluable marketing tool for hospitality leaders.
Why should I invest time in email marketing for my restaurant or bar?
Email marketing for restaurants and bars is both affordable and effective. It is the perfect way to nurture customer relationships and promote your business and special events.
How do I create trigger emails?
Email marketing software allows you to automatically send certain emails based on customer behavior and preferences.
How can I accommodate a larger, segmented audience with my emails?
You can segment your audience according to location, age, income and any other factors. This will help you manage a larger audience and make sure that you are sending targeted emails with relevant content.
What are effective email marketing strategies for my restaurant?
You can send personalized promotions, target website visitors and turn them into subscribers, nurture relationships with existing customers, follow-up with online orders and find ways to convert one-time visitors into repeat guests.